In the most obvious way, social media marketing refers to getting traffic to your website/web page through social media channels. The idea of getting potential buyers via social media was an alien concept but in the last decade or so it becomes a trend. Today almost all sectors are shifting their focus and investing heavily in social media marketing.
Social media marketing differs from platform to platform and also from business to business. Depending on the current status and requirement of your business you can choose the right social media channel.
Some simple Social Media Marketing questions answered –
What are the most popular social media platforms?
In this day and age, the most important social platforms used are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Pinterest, Linkedin or YouTube. Depending on your business and the client approach you can have to choose the best suited social media platform strategically.
For example, if your target audience needs short crisp messaging your ideal social media marketing channel is Twitter. On the other hand, if your USP is projecting things “video-graphically” then YouTube is your go-to media.
What are the most popular questions to figure what you want from Social Media Marketing?
Before figuring out a particular social media marketing strategy, you have to start with a few question-
- What do you want to achieve from your social media marketing strategy?
- Who is your target audience? (includes age, gender, geographical location, etc.)
- Which form of social media are ‘they’ most likely to use?
Once you have answered these questions accurately, you can achieve leads from them without much hassle
Why should Social Media Marketing be your go-to option for marketing goals?
Social media marketing is one of the most advanced forms of marketing available that can help you attain a number of business goals. It helps you increasing website traffic and converting leads to customers. It also increases brand identity and awareness helping you reach the key audience.
How can you achieve ROI with Social Media Marketing?
Social Media Marketing might seem a little time-confusing at first, but it will get sure shot results. It takes a little while to build a stable platform, but from there on it is a smooth road. You can either handle your social media verticals by hiring an employee or offload it to a marketing firm. The initial cost might seem high, but it can get maximum ROI in the long run.
In social media marketing, you have to start small; you can start with boosting customer satisfaction, getting new leads or getting more subscriptions.
Is Social Media Marketing a full-time job?
The biggest advantage of social media is that you can connect with your audience in real-time. You can reach your specific targets in no-time. Several software helps you schedule your posts saving time, but even if you choose automated posts, you need to keep track of how your posts are performing on a daily basis. Social media statistics will also tell you what kind of posts work best for your target audience.
The most important thing about social media is a timely response to all comments be it positive or negative. Social media is a platform that can turn your fate; you just need to turn negative feedback to positive. Social media can never be half-hearted, you have to give your time and make it a full-time job if you are expecting returns from it.
There are two important pillars of social media marketing –
To kickstart your Social Media Marketing campaign, there are two essential components that need to well-crafted before you hit perfection.
- A great Content strategy – You need a well-crafted strategy social media content strategy to reach your specific target audience. Always ensure that your post is regularly updated, and they offer valuable information that your ideal customers will find helpful and exciting. Do not just stick to pots included infographics, gifs, videos or other templates to keep your audiences glued to your social pages.
- Tacking competition – Your competition can help you a lot, it can help finding new keywords and widen your marketing approach. You can see and understand what is working for them and what is not working for you. It becomes a natural form of competitor analysis. Also, you can find out the social channels used by your competition to reach the same target audience.
Social Media Marketing has become the need of the hour, and for running a successful show, your 100% involvement in social media is a must.